The R5 will fuel your passion, whether you find glory in winning races or beating your friends to the top of the hill. The R5 makes no compromises as a race machine first and foremost: like you, it thrives on punishment. Cervelo made the R5 stiffer at key points in the bike while maintaining its featherweight status. The R5's careful balancing of stiffness and weight results in a bike that accelerates quickly but is stable and predictable at speed.
Ideal for stage races and hill climbs, the R5 Rim is a high performance bike you can trust. Stiffness and geometry work together for pedaling efficiency and stable handling, while wider tires and frame compliance create a smoother ride which reduces rider fatigue. It's clear Cervelo values user-friendly and intuitive adjustments. The thoughtful details of the R5 will delight you: chain-stay protector, plenty of tire clearance (for tires up to 28mm wide), and an integrated computer mounting for uncluttered handlebars.
- Squoval Max tubes combine the attributes of a square with an oval for the ideal balance of stiffness and weight, while reducing aerodynamic drag
- Pro Fit has a lower front end for better aero performance.
- BBRight bottom bracket allows for larger-sized tubes in seat tube, down tube, and lefthand chainstay for increased stiffness and pedaling efficiency in a lighter weight frame
- Improved stiffness and aerodynamics over previous generation R5
- SRAM Red eTap drivetrain
- DT Swiss PRC 1450 Spline 35 carbon wheels
|Fork||Tapered R5 Fork|
|Headset||FSA IS2 1-1/8" x 1-1/2"|
|Rims/Wheels||DT Swiss PRC 1450 Spline 35|
|Tires||Continental GP4000 S II 700 x 25c|
|Bottom Bracket||Cervelo BBright Connect 30x86|
|Chain||SRAM RED 22|
|Front Derailleur||SRAM RED eTap, 11 spd|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM RED eTap, 11 spd|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM XG 1190, 11-28T|
|Shifters||SRAM RED eTap, 11 spd|
|Stem||Cervelo Carbon Stem|
|Saddle||ASTUTE Skyline Lab|
|Seat Post||Cervelo Carbon SP18|
* Subject to change without notice.